Free software downloads for inSSIDer 2 in the Network and IP Tools Network Applications category
inSSIDer is FREE, open-source Wi-Fi scanning software. And yet you want to know more. Wow. you truly are our type of geek. Take a look at the features below to see what makes inSSIDer special.
Wi-Fi network scanners have been around for some time. InSSIDer is a free software designed to work with Windows. The software is advanced enough to run on 64 bit Windows which is a very positive part of this software’s functionality. Most other wireless scanners don’t work well with Windows Vista and Windows 7 and cannot show more than one channel or SSID at a time. By showing all of your SSIDs, you can get a great view of your wireless network as you walk around and perform a wireless survey.
With inSSIDer, anyone can see all of the channels, SSIDs and signal strengths. The software separates wireless signals with colours. This software is truly developed for the current generation wireless geeks
InSSIDer uses native Wi-Fi API creating a program that recognizes a majority of wireless cards that are available.
One of the best features is the ability to group these wireless signals by MAC Address, SSID, Channels, and RSSI.
What’s Unique about inSSIDer?
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API and your current Wireless network card
- Sort results by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and “Time Last Seen”
- Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher)
How can inSSIDer help me?
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time
- Filter access points in an easy-to-use format
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth
- Filter through hundreds of scanned access points
File Size: 1.07 MB
Votes: 0 / Average 0.00