Free software downloads for RootRepeal – Rootkit Detector in the Adware, Spyware Detection Anti-Rootkits Security Tools category
RootRepeal – Rootkit Detector
RootRepeal is a new rootkit detector currently in public beta. It is designed with the following goals in mind:
- Easy to use – a user with little to no computer experience should be able to use it.
- Powerful – it should be able to detect all publicly available rootkits.
- Stable – it should work on as many different system configurations as possible, and, in the event of an incompatibility, not crash the host computer.
- Safe – it will not use any rootkit-like techniques (hooking, etc.) to protect itself.
Currently, RootRepeal includes the following features:
- Driver Scan – scans the system for kernel-mode drivers. Displays all drivers currently loaded, and shows if a driver has been hidden, and whether the driver’s file is visible on-disk.
- Files Scan – scans any fixed drive on the system for hidden, locked or falsified* files.
- Processes Scan – scans the system for processes. Displays all processes currently running, and shows if a processes is hidden or locked.
- SSDT Scan – shows whether any of the functions in the System Service Descriptor Table (SSDT) are hooked.
- Stealth Objects Scan – attempts to determine if any rootkits are active by looking for typical symptoms.
- Hidden Services Scan – scans for hidden system services.
- Shadow SSDT Scan – counterpart to the SSDT Scan, but deals mostly with graphics and window-related functions.
File Size: 908 KB
Votes: 0 / Average 0.00